Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 14, 2011

About Me

I am a bit scatterbrained, an artist, a realist, a mommy, a wife, a messmaker, and most importantly ME!

I would love to be organized.  I try, really, I do.  I buy the tools that "help" you get organized, I put the stuff in it, but never manage to stay organized.  I buy the books, subscribe to the websites, follow the blogs, but somehow my stuff never stays where I put it.  I have decided to get rid of the stuff.  I very rarely finish a project when it is started, unless I have a looming deadline, and even then it is hard.  I have many "In Progress" things around my house- I'm thinking I should get rid of those too.  I think maybe, just maybe, if I have less stuff I will be able to concentrate on the things that are important in life.  I guess we will see about that.

I am not really an artist, per se.  Maybe just a little crafty.  I have been creating things since I was a child.  Not really inventing anything, or using something in a different way, just being "crafty."  Prince Charming is the real artist in the house.  I love to do crafts with Big Sister- she's the perfect age for Friendship Bracelets, Perler Beads, and Sun Catchers.  So we do those kinds of things.  But when I am on my own, I love to sew.  I have sewn all the curtains for each room in our house.  Currently I think there are 20+ curtains in our windows.  We have several rooms left to finish, as well as a few French Doors.  When we bought our house well-meaning family members told us it would always be a project, and we would never be finished.  I am starting to believe them.

I have two kids- Big Sister was born in 2004, and Baby Brother came along this year (2011).  We always wanted two children.  We said we wanted them 4 years apart.  Four years came and went in 2008, with no baby.  He came on his own time, when he was ready in April of 2011.  There is 6 1/2 years between our babies, and it is very hard at times, and sometimes I wish there was less time between them, but Big Sister is a big help, and if she were younger, I don't know if I could do this.  I am starting to teach Big Sister how to cook, and we love to try new recipes.  When we try something new she often says, "But Mommy....."  But once she takes one bite, she is sold!  My blog name (Sunla) is a combination of my kids names- you pronounce it SOON-lah.

We own a bakery, and Prince Charming works there 10+ hours a day, 6 days a week, so when he is home, we spend our time together as a family.  We got married in 2002, after a short courtship of 82 days!  Yes, you read that right- we knew each other for less than 3 months when we got married.  I wouldn't say it was "love at first sight," and we have had our ups and downs.  We have learned a lot about each other along the way, and if I had to go back and do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing.  I just hope when Big Sister picks her spouse she spends more than 82 days with him first!

I hope you enjoy reading about me, my family, and our adventures.  Feel free to comment along the way, I will try to respond to as many as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to the Sunla Designs feed to have future posts delivered right to your feed reader or simply click the "follow" link at the top of the page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...