Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Recipe: Blackened Barbecue Pork Chops

This recipe uses the same Blackening Spice Mix I made for my Blackened Tilapia, so if you like this, make up some more and try the Tilapia!  I usually double or triple this recipe whenever I need to make up some more, and fill a jar in my Spice Cabinet!


 First, here's the ingredients for the Blackening Mix- just mix it all up in a small bowl, or an empty spice shaker.

Blackening Mix:
3 tablespoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 teaspoons Tony's spice mix
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 
Ingredients: 
Blackening Mix, to taste
1 lb thin sliced boneless Pork Chops (about 8 chops)
2-3 Tbs Oil
1 cup BBQ Sauce (my favorite is Sweet Baby Ray's, but I used a different one this time)

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.  Sprinkle Pork Chops liberally with Blackening Mix on both sides, coating well
3.  Heat oil on High heat in cast iron skillet
4.  Cook 2-3 Minutes on each side (I usually blacken 3 at a time, and put them to the side until I have done them all, and then put them back in the skillet once they have all been done)
5.  Pour BBQ sauce over pork chops in skillet, and bake in oven 20-25 minutes.

Serves: 4






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to the Sunla Designs feed to have future posts delivered right to your feed reader or simply click the "follow" link at the top of the page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...