Thursday, August 11, 2011
Recipe: Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup butter flavor shortening
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 bag chocolate chip cookies
2. Cream in mixer shortening, brown sugar, sugar, milk, and vanilla.
3. Add egg, flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Stir in Chips with a wooden spoon. (Big Sister loves to help with this step!)
5. Spoon onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. I like to use a small ice cream scoop for even proportions- it makes it very easy for Big Sister to help.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 - 12 minutes- just until the edges start to color- for a soft cookie. I usually check them every two minutes after 8 minutes.
7. Cool on baking sheet until they can be picked up without falling apart. If they don't all get eaten today, they can be stored in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
UPDATE: I made this for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, and the girls loved them. I doubled the recipe, then split it into four bowls before mixing in the chocolate chips.
Bowl 1- 1/2 bag chocolate chips
Bowl 2- 1/2 bag white chocolate chips and 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
Bowl 3- 1/2 bag butterscotch chips
Bowl 4- 1 container mini M & M's