Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Menu Plan Monday #2: 8/22-8/28

I am finally getting around to creating a recipe binder.  I have 20+ Cookbooks, hundreds of pages from magazines, and too many internet bookmarks.  My goal is to try at least three new recipes each week and put the best into the binder with a picture of the completed dish (Prince Charming hates cookbooks without pictures).  Throughout the week I will post any recipes that made the cut and link them up here.


Breakfasts and Lunches are always pretty much the same.  For breakfast we rely on Pancakes, Eggs, Muffins, Cold Cereal, and Cinnamon Rolls.  Lunches are Salads, Sandwiches, and Leftovers.  We also own a bakery/deli, so we eat lunch there several days a week.

Monday:  Blackened Tilapia
Tuesday: Sambar with Idli (Indian Vegetable Soup with Rice Cakes)
Wednesday:  Leftovers
Thursday:  Red Beans and Rice with Sausage
Friday:  Sloppy Tom's
Saturday:  Freebie- We usually eat out on Saturdays
Sunday:  Teriyaki Chicken


Check out more great Menu Plans at http://orgjunkie.com




3 comments:

  1. Luv your menu but what is sloppy tom?
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @MaggieSloppy Tom's are Sloppy Joe's made from ground turkey instead of beef. These are a favorite in the family, so I know I will be posting the recipe to this as soon as I take pictures. Check back with me later in the week for this delicious recipe!

    Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds delicious! Meal planning is the best thing that’s ever happened to me (ok, that might be an exaggeration)! It’s so much easier to do the grocery shopping when you know what you’re making for the week. I like to try out 2-3 new recipes each week too! It’s so much fun to try new recipes!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment! If you enjoyed this post, please subscribe to the Sunla Designs feed to have future posts delivered right to your feed reader or simply click the "follow" link at the top of the page!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...